My current reading list
As software engineers, we can’t afford to stop learning; our craft and career is a continuous learning journey.
This is why I’ve opted to keep a list of the books, articles and podcasts I’ve read and/or want to read next so as to help inspire other engineers as I’ve been inspired.
I will keep this list as updated as possible, and I welcome your suggestions for adding other titles to the list in the comments section below.
Books I recommend (no specific order)
- SCRUM: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time
- Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement
- The Pheonix Project
- Lean Software Development: An Agile Toolkit
- Sprint: How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Days
- Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs
- It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work
- The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, and Security in Technology Organizations
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things
- You Are Not So Smart: Why You Have Too Many Friends on Facebook, Why Your Memory Is Mostly Fiction, an d 46 Other Ways You’re Deluding Yourself
- An Elegant Puzzle: Systems of Engineering Management
- Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
- Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
- Managing Humans: Biting and Humorous Tales of a Software Engineering Manager
Next on my reading list
This list is huge so instead of putting it all here, I’ve only listed my top 10 that I’ll probably read next.
You can always view the full list here
- Thinking in Systems: A Primer
- The Unicorn Project: A Novel about Digital Disruption, Developers, and Overthrowing the Ancient Powerful Order
- Understanding Compression: Data Compression for Modern Developers
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
- Working with Coders: A Guide to Software Development for the Perplexed Non-Techie
- The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering
- Prediction Machines: The Simple Economics of Artificial Intelligence
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
- Code Complete (Developer Best Practices)
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master